The Company has implemented the prevention of illegal spam policy in order to protect the personal information of the users and to provide them with the safe environment in pnp.so Cloud Service(“pnp.so Service”)
- 1. Illegal spam
- In general, spam refers to commercial information for commercial purposes that is sent unilaterally to users who do not want them through the information network. Illegal spam refers to commercial information for commercial purposes that is transmitted or posted in violation of from Articles 50 to Article 50.8 of the Act on Promotion of Information Network Usage and Information Protection (hereinafter referred to as the "Information and Communications Network Act"). Illegal spam can be subject to penalties and criminal penalties.
- 2. Illegal Spam Criteria
- The company judges illegal spam based on the following criteria. If applicable to a user’s case, the user’s use of pnp.so may be restricted.
- ① If the user fails to comply with the regulations of the Information and Communication Network Act or the "Guide to Information Network Regulations for the Prevention of Spam" issued by the Korea Communications Commission and the Korea Communications Commission
- ② If the user sends commercial information for commercial purposes without consent of the recipient
- ③ If the user sends fraudulent information such as financial pyramids, referral forms, fortune letters, etc.
- ④ If the user impersonates a manager or distributes a false fact
- ⑤ If the user transmits phishing information for the purpose of hacking, spreading viruses, and extracting personal information
- ⑥ If the user changes the calling number or transfer information in bulk from IP that cannot be confirmed
- ⑦ When the number of users reporting illegal spam to the user exceeds the standard value
- ⑧ If the user transmits any obscene, violent and slanderous contents and the information that encourages disorderly conducts or violates public orders.
- 3. Illegal spam prevention measures
- 1. Implementation of Sender Policy Framework (SPF)
The Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is a technology for blocking spam that forges / modulates dispatcher information. If the mail server registration system is introduced, the sending server information is included in the mail in a specific form (SPF record) when the mail is sent, so that the recipient can confirm whether the mail is not forged / modulated. In other words, when a mail is sent with a name tag of the server it was sent from, the recipient confirms the information of the sending server by the name tag. When mail server registration is enforced, spam e-mails are reduced because illegal spam and phishing e-mails that forge or modulate the sender information are blocked in advance.
- 2. Provision of anti-spam function
- ① Refusal to receive from specific email addresses : If the user does not want to receive mails from specific email addresses or domains, he/she can use the opt-out feature. In other words, if the user registers the e-mail addresses or domains he/she wants to unsubscribe in the Blocked Senders list, he/she can sort the e-mail received from that addresses and domains into spam or send it to the trash.
- ② Spam setting based on certain conditions : If the title of a mail contains "Ad", "Adult", etc., the mail can be moved into a designated mailbox(spam mail box, trash box, etc.)
- ③ Email reception setting for specific email addresses only : The user can block all mails by default and only receives messages from specific email addresses and domains.
- 3. Restricted use of mass mailing
In case of trying to connect 100 or more connections simultaneously from the same IP address, those excessive connection attempts are not permitted in pnp.so Service mail for stable system operation and mass spam protection.
- 4. Restrictions and sanctions on the use of illegal spamming members
- ① The Company can restrict the use of the pnp.so Service in accordance with the Information and Communications Network Act for members who fall under the following circumstances.
- if the user sends illegal spam that corresponds to this section 2(Illegal Spam Criteria) above
- When the Korea Communications Commission or the Korea Internet Development Agency confirms the illegal spam transmission of a user and requests suspension or termination of the contract of the user.
- When the user caused or could cause system failure by spamming in large quantities
- If the user’s mail server has been used for spam relay or the user sends spam that is infected with a worm
- ② Restrictions on the use of the Service may be applied in whole or in part, depending on the circumstances, and may be temporary or permanent. The Company will notify the user when his/her use of the Service gets restricted. However, in the event that it is difficult to notify in advance, the Company may notify the user after the preliminary action.
- ③ Any member who has been restricted from using the Service should resolve the issue, and after that, if he/she applies to cancel the restriction on the use of the Service to the Company by attaching the relevant supporting data, the Company will release the restriction after reviewing it.
- ④ According to the Information and Communications Network Act, a person who intentionally transmits commercial information for commercial purposes and a person who has instigated it (advertiser, consignor) may be accused by the investigation agencies and be subject to penalties and imprisonment.
- 5. Other related matters
The Company shall not disclose or distribute any member's personal information it knows regarding provision of the Service to the third party without his/her consent. However, this is not the case if it is due to a legitimate procedure pursuant to the provisions of the law, such as requests from related organizations under relevant laws and regulations.
This prevention of illegal Spam Policy is effective from July 17, 2018.